With every festive season comes a host of certainties. From temperamental Christmas tree lights to that mysterious tag-less present under the tree, you can also always count on a visitation from unexpected guests. So this recipe is perfect to have up your sleeve. Simple, flavoursome and warming.
GORGONZOLA & WALNUT SAUCE FOR PASTA
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves – lightly crushed
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 150g gorgonzola
- 150g walnut pieces – lightly toasted
- 350g penne or rigatoni pasta
- Fresh basil
- Melt the butter with the oil in pan. Add the garlic and thyme and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add the cream and cheese and mix until the cheese is melted into the cream.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil, salt the water and cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking add a little of the pasta cooking liquid to the sauce to loosen. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss until the sauce coats pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Tried this gorgonzola and walnut pasta sauce recipe? For more authentic pasta dishes, check out this trio of delicious summer recipes.« Back to blog