Deliciously simple and wonderfully versatile, these little beauties will sit perfectly alongside the most decadent of zabagliones, soak up your favourite pudding wine or go with pretty much everything which happens upon your table around Christmas.
- 250gm skin on almonds 70gm caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 110gm flour
- A tiny pinch of salt
- A very slightly larger pinch of baking powder
- Beat the egg and yolk until light and fluffy, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold
- together, then add the almonds and vanilla and fold again.
- Wet your hands and scoop the mixture onto a lined baking tray, then use wet hands to shape the
- mix into a log one inch high and two inches long.
- Bake at 180C until cooked through (20-25 minutes) then let cool. Turn the oven down to 110C.
- Slice the cooled log into 1cm thick pieces, then lay flat on a baking rack and cook for 30 minutes,
- or until crisp through.
© JACOB KENEDY« Back to blog